- Acura trucks set new February benchmark, with a 12.5 percent gain on sales of 8,415
- Honda Fit sets new February record, rising 81 percent on sales of 5,652 units
- Honda Pilot has February to remember, with sales up 82.7 percent
Honda's remarkable Fit subcompact set another monthly record in February, posting an 81 percent increase over year ago totals. The Pilot again showed considerable sales strength, creating strong momentum as the company prepares for the arrival of the all-new 2016 Pilot this summer. Sales of the best-selling CR-V also rose in February, gaining 7.4 percent vs. the same period last year. Pilot and CR-V pushed Honda light trucks to a total increase of 12.6 percent for the month.
- Honda Fit easily smashed its previous February record, rising 81 percent on sales of 5,652.
- Sales of the best-selling Honda CR-V totaled 22,298 units, up 7.4 percent for the month.
- The Honda Pilot posted one of its best months in the last year with sales up 82.7 percent on sales of 12,629 vehicles.
- Overall Honda truck sales totaled 43,782 for a gain of 12.6 percent in February.
Acura trucks continue to light up the sales charts with RDX setting a new February best just ahead of the launch of the refreshed 2016 model. MDX also sold at near record levels during a transition month as the 2016 model became available at Acura dealers in early February. Combined, the RDX and MDX gave Acura trucks a new February sales record.
TLX sales remain strong, taking important share in the super-competitive mid-luxury sedan segment and spurring overall Acura car sales to 4,577 in February, an increase of 12.7 percent. And the significantly revised 2016 ILX went on sale mid-month, adding new power to a strengthening Acura sedan lineup.
- RDX captured yet another monthly sales record with 3,862 units sold in February, up 32.7 percent for the month.
- MDX maintained a strong pace as America's 3-row luxury SUV sales leader easily surpassed 4,500 units again.
- RDX and MDX combined for a February record of 8,415 Acura trucks sold in February, an increase of 12.5 percent for the month.
# # #
Source: Honda Media Newsroom