11/03/2014 - TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda Division has its best-ever October sales—up 5.5 percent on delivery of 105,745 new cars and trucks
- All-new Acura TLX sales reach nearly 5,000 units in October, driving an overall 7.9 percent increase for the brand
- Honda CR-V smashes previous October record with 29,257 sales, an increase of 29.7 percent over the same period in 2013; New Fit also sets new October sales mark
The new October sales record for the Honda brand was driven by the success of core models leading to an overall 5.5 percent gain versus October 2013. The new 2015 CR-V, crowned Motor Trend's 2015 SUV of the Year, helped the model post its best October on record. The new Honda Fit also set a new October milestone and Accord sales rose for the 10th straight month—all helping to push the Honda brand to a new October pinnacle.
- The redesigned 2015 Honda CR-V, which went on sale October 1, helped smash the previous October record, and was up 29.7 percent over 2013 on sales of 29,257 units.
- The new Honda Fit nearly doubled its sales last month, setting an all-time October record with sales of 6,851 units, an increase of 83.4 percent for the month.
- Honda's stalwart Accord posted a strong month, rising 7.8 percent in October with sales of 27,128 units to give the model its 10th straight monthly increase.
With the 3.5L SH-AWD model enjoying its first full month on the market, the new Acura TLX gained more than 25 percent versus last month's strong performance, reaching sales of nearly 5,000 units in October after less than three months on the market. TLX helped push Acura brand sales up 7.9 percent for the month.
- TLX sales reached 4,890 units in October, jumping 25.9 percent over last month for its best month since joining the Acura lineup, and came within just a few hundred units of ranking as Acura's best-selling model.
- With 5,324 units sold in October, Acura's current best seller—MDX—jumped 9.5 percent month-over-month despite being limited by tight supplies.
Source: Honda Media Newsroom